Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Dream is Realized!

I haven't posted the video yet (I will soon..), but the King event in Atlanta was a complete success! Incredible performances by the Ebenzer Baptist Church choir, some intermezzo group that killed it, Deeper Shade of Soul choir, my man Speech of Arrested Development, and of course the Elements. I for one was MOST impressed by the childrens presentation though... lol! Then we had the opportunity to see the premiere of a moving tribute to the life of A.D. King, the brother of Martin Luther King.

It was a incredible and inspiring night..

I tell you this.. I have been blessed with many things in this life, but to have the last living matriarch of what I would consider the first family of freedom thank you for a song you wrote for them is one of the highest blessings I have experienced! Stay tuned! We're keeping it moving in 2010. Next up... Chrisette Michele, The Elements, and more raising money for the relief efforts in Haiti... what a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment