Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

PLEASE READ!! THE ELEMENTS UPCOMING SHOWS!! TIME FOR PREPERATION...

Morning Patrons. VERY excited about the upcoming months. There is a lot going on and I feel very blessed to have the opportunities that we have. One thing that I am starting to realize is how imperative it is to be prepared. In season AND out of season as the good book says. We tend to forgot the out of season part. Now obviously this is something we all know we need but if you're like me I constantly need to access what I am TRULY doing with the 24 hours God is blessing me with daily. How many of us have taken an assessment when we are done with the "next big thing" in our lives and say to ourselves, “I could have been more prepared for that. I could have done better than that... I could have given more. I could have won that battle” I am realizing that we don’t have trouble dreaming or desiring... We have trouble preparing for the challenge. We don’t start, don’t plan, don’t work as hard as we could, or procrastinate with our goals and dreams.

Every once in a while our heroes will do something inspiring, the will do something noteworthy, or (as has been the case lately...) they will leave this Earth. Those are the times we reevaluate our priorities. Am I working hard enough? Am I wasting time? Am I focused? Is there anything more important than reaching for the stars? I am starting to realize that when I get to the end of the line the things I struggle with from day to day are going to seem FAR less important than WHAT I did with my life

My question for myself lately has been this: Do I take the necessary steps in the off season so that in the regular season I’m prepared for ANYTHING? When the battle has not yet arrived is when you prepare.. I want to be prepared for my dreams and any challenge that comes my way.

Of course this applies to everything we do in life patrons. We know this.

Do I prepare for a great career by getting a great education?
Do I prepare for a great marriage while dating?
Do I prepare for the things I have no knowledge of by being humble enough to get advice?
Do I prepare to show the world my best work by working at it until it IS my best work?

Ask yourself. We have some great opportunities coming up soon! They’ll all be worth attending.. You know why? We will be prepared for them...

Here is a list of some of our upcoming shows! Come to one of them. Come to all of them. Support the Elements and prepare yourself for your dreams! Until next time patrons.

July 19th, 3 p.m.
THE ELEMENTS OPENING FOR THE NAPPY ROOTS!

Courtyard Marriott USC on Assembly St.
630 Assembly St.
Columbia, SC, 29201




September 19th, 8:15 p.m.
THE ELEMENTS WITH ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, 2ND ANNUAL ART AND SOUL

Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center
165 Courtland St. NE
Atlanta, GA 30303




October 9th, 8:00 p.m.
THE ELEMENTS AT D.J. PRINCE ICE’S 2OTH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
FT. SLICK RICK, BIG DADDY KANE, NICE AND SMOOTH, SPECIAL ED, AND MORE!

Koger Center for the Arts
1051 Greene St.
Columbia, SC 29201







No comments:

Post a Comment